Volunteers are the backbone of Children’s Ministry at The Woodlands UMC
We encourage our families to partner with us so that we are able to assist you in developing your child’s spiritual formation.
Interested in serving? Click here: https://www.thewoodlandsumc.org/children/volunteer
UPDATE 02/22/21: Beginning March 7th, current 4th graders will attend Sunday School in the Family Life Center with 5th & 6th graders. Registration for 56 is not required.
UPDATE 01/15/21: Beginning February 7th, Nursery and Sunday School will be available during both services hours (9:30am and 11:15am) across Woodlands Campus.
At this time, registration is still required for each hour.
We are excited to offer Sunday morning options for children ages birth - 6th grade during the 9:30am and 11:15am service hours!
Registration required weekly. Each week, registrations will open on Sunday at 12:30 PM and close when classes have reached their maximum registration limit.
Waiting lists are provided each week in the event that we reach our maximum capacity.
Please note: all children should only attend 1 hour at this time.
In case of emergency and unable to attend, please email Children's Ministry by Friday at 3:00pm.
Infant - 2 years old (or turning 3 years old after September 1, 2020)
- 9:30am Service Hour: Main and Loft Building Nursery
- 11:15am Service Hour: Main and Loft Building Nursery
3 years old (as of September 1, 2020) – 3rd Grade
- 9:30am Service Hour: Main Building Upstairs Children's area, Loft Building Early Childhood and Elementary rooms
- 11:15am Service Hour: Main Building Upstairs Children's area, Loft Building Early Childhood and Elementary rooms
4th, 5th and 6th Grade (updated 01/12/21: pre-registration no longer needed for 56 children)
- 9:30am Service Hour: FLC Building 56 Gym
- 11:15am Service Hour: FLC Building 56 Large Group Room
Special Blessings children should register and meet at 9:30am or 11:15am in their respective age group areas.
Safety is a core value of Children’s Ministry.
We have implemented the following steps to keep your child safe:
- Health Check Screenings at Sunday morning check-in
- Temperature checks of each volunteer, staff and child in the program
- Mask requirements for children Kindergarten through 6th grade
- Masks for younger children strongly recommended but not required
- Single use craft supplies and resources
- Limited capacity classrooms
- Hand sanitization entering the programming space
- No snacks provided for children in programming
- Hand sanitization protocol after bathroom use
- Limited drop-off access to children’s spaces
- Stringent cleaning protocol to children’s area before and after services
If your child is showing any of the following symptoms, they may not participate at this time:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- feeling feverish or temp greater than or equal to 100 degrees
Your child may not attend at this time if they have been in close contact with someone who
is lab confirmed tested positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for trusting us with your children!