The Woodlands Methodist Church is seeking an experienced and skilled audio engineer and media technician.
Candidate possesses the proven ability to mix a variety of live music instruments, voices and music styles using small analog mixers and large-format digital consoles.
Candidate also has proven ability to quickly and correctly operate audio, video and lighting equipment to provide support for a wide variety of worship services, conference-style meetings, and special events. Ability to troubleshoot is key.
Candidate possesses the ability to interact with a wide variety of people and personalities in a positive and productive manner; the ability to work independently; to create contingency plans and find successful solutions on short notice. Candidate is detail-oriented, prompt and has the ability to multi-task.
High school diploma required. 3-5 years related experience is required. College degree or trade school certification preferred. Knowledge of Mac and PC (desktop and laptop) computers required. Knowledge of ProPresenter, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote & Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred. Knowledge of Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Reaper is preferred.
Permanent, full-time hours and days off vary, depending on weekly scheduled events. Sunday and evening work required. Some flexible or extended hours will be required during Christmas, Easter and other special events on campus. Some travel is required.
PRIORITIZED ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIRED TASKS
- Effectively communicate with pastors, ministry leaders, volunteers to provide adequate equipment and media support for various events
- Operate Digico, Yamaha, Allen & Heath audio consoles as needed
- Set up and tear down audio, video and lighting equipment on a daily basis
- Successfully format and play back various recorded media elements in live events
- Operate equipment to successfully record audio and video of live events
- Maintain and organize equipment inventory
- Operate lighting consoles as needed
- Operate video cameras as needed
- Assist with equipment storage, maintenance and repairs
- Lifting approximately 10-75 pounds will be required to pick-up, move and install media equipment. Some climbing is required. Driving work truck + trailer is required.
Submit cover letter, resume and work history to the Media Scheduling Manager, Nick Ragle.
No Phone Calls, please.