CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: SUNDAY MINISTRY LEAD
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in Children’s Ministry on Sundays, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sundays
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Take attendance and offering
- Lead large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves on Sundays from 8:00 am-12:30 pm. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary, or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Saturday night experience as part of the interview process.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org
. No phone calls please.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY: INTERN
This is a part-time position with no benefits created for high school students age 16 or older.
Shift schedules include Sundays and/or Saturday nights and Children’s Ministry-sponsored events serving children ages 3-12 years of age.
- Greet families and students as they arrive on Sundays and events.
- As an intern your primary focus is to help ensure that every child is greeted, encouraged, interacted with and engaged in program activity.
- Help set up and lead Sunday School, events, crafts, activities and clean up.
- Support Ministry Directors and Ministry Leaders.
- Arrive and Sign in on time for scheduled shifts.
- Behavior in the community and your online presence must be compatible with values and beliefs of our church. Your online social networks should be accessible to CM Staff.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy children, role model for young children and a growing Christian that feels comfortable sharing their faith with others. Creative artistic talents in music, drama and art a plus.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org. No phone calls please.