Emptying Nest Class
Sunday at 9:30 AM
Adult Sunday Connect Class that offers a series of scripture-based biblical topics with the primary goal of increasing one’s spiritual growth. We have numerous volunteer lesson leaders to provide a variety of styles and techniques. We also offer numerous out-of-class fellowship opportunities during the year.
Meets in person in Jones Library.
Average class size of 35 on any given Sunday allows for and encourages discussion and opinions from everyone. Ages are typically 55+
Beginning November 13 - January 8: Eyewitness Bible Christmas Series
View the Advent story through multiple "eyewitness accounts."
- The prophet, Isaiah, explaining how the prophets of the Old Testament foretold the coming of mankind's savior long before he was born.
- A Magi, from the East explains why the wise men of Babylon have been looking for a new kind of the Jews for the previous several hundred years.
- Elizabeth, a close relative of Mary, miraculously conceived of John the Baptist, was completely prepared for Mary to have a miraculous birth too.
- Mary's mother tells of the care she and her husband took to keep Mary from having any real or perceived questionable reputation. She is thrilled that Mary is betrothed to a Godly man named Joseph.
- Mary tells of her surprise when Gabriel comes to visit and tells her of her upcoming unique pregnancy.
- Joseph tells of the unwelcomed news he receives about Mary being pregnant. He says that an angel of the Lord explained she was pregnant by the Holy Spirit and he should take her to be his wife.
- A tax collector living in Bethlehem tells of the census being taken by the Romans and why it is a hardship on anybody having to travel to Bethlehem to register.
- King Herod explains why he was so upset when the Magi came looking for a new king of the Jews, and why he killed so many babies because of their visit.
- A shepherd who was given the good news about the birth of a savior by an angel explains why the shepherds were chosen instead of an important politician.
- Finally an angel, sent to tell the shepherds about the birth of mankind's shepherd, explains that the birth of Jesus is the culmination of many other events through the centuries.
Back to groups