Single Life Ministry Monday Small Group
Monday at 6:30 PM
Meet other singles who have a desire for fellowship and spiritual growth. Together, we can plan recreational events, service projects, and build lasting friendships.
Singles Small Group
Meets Mondays at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
We tend to focus on studies with DVDs or books that include some great discussion with them. To create community within the group, we meet off-campus periodically to share a meal, indoor rock climbing, bowling, etc. (Note: To stay in accordance with the United Methodist Book of Discipline all events are alcohol-free.)
Coming Fall 2021: We will begin a study called Standing Strong: A Woman's Guide to Overcoming Adversity and Living with Confidence by Alli Worthington. Watch for more information about the start date and registration!
We live in a culture that constantly tells you who you should be as a woman. You are told that you are not enough and that you don't have what it takes - you are asked, "Who are you to dream big?"
For the woman who longs to break free from what holds her back, bestselling author, Alli Worthington offers a no-nonsense, guilt-free guide to take back your life from self-doubt.
In Standing Strong, Alli comes alongside as your guide as you:
1. Eliminate, once and for all, the lies that keep you from being who God made you to be.
2. Become an unbreakable woman who finds her strength from God for any adversity
3. Gain strategies for tackling the obstacles of self-doubt, fear, and insecurity
4. Find the confidence to say yes and amen to God's call on your life
You are stronger than you think, and you are worth more than you could ever imagine. So let go of the guilt, shake off the shame, and fend off your fears as you fight with your faith. It's time to remember who you are: A woman God has called to partner with him - to be a fierce force for good in the world to the glory of God.
Part 1: Say Yes and Amen to What God Has for You
1. You Were Born for This
2. Step Out from Hiding: Here I Am, Lord
3. Remember Who You Are: I Am a Daughter of the King
Part 2: What Holds You Back
4. When you Forget Where Your Power Comes From: It's All Up to Me
5. When you Are Afraid to Disappoint Others: I'm Letting Everyone Down
6. When You Feel Unsupported: I Feel Confused and On My Own
7. When You Have Lost Your Voice: No One Understands Me
8. When Insecurity and Doubt Are Loud: I Don't Have What It Takes
9. When You Listen to the Wrong Voices: They Said I Was a Failure
Part 3: How to Move Forward with Confidence
10. Ask for It: I'm Relearning How Prayer Really Works
11. Get on the Other Side of Obedience: I Want What God Has for Me
12. Do It Scared: I'm Willing to Take the First Step
13. Trust the Process: I Choose to Believe
14. Show Up as You Really Are: This is Me
15. Find Your Strength in Community: I've God All My Sisters with Me
For more information contact Terry Loughridge.
Childcare Provided?: Yes
Back to groups